And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so on earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. (Luke 11:2-4 KJV)
“Our Father which art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name”
1. Express adoration and exalt the name of Jesus.
“Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in Heaven, so in Earth”
2. Invite the Kingdom of Heaven into every facet of your life and community.
“Give us day by day our daily bread”
3. Communicate your needs to God and your dependency upon His provision.
“Forgive us our sins”
4. Confess your sins and invite forgiveness.
“For we also forgive every one that is indebted to us”
5. Release offense, bitterness, and unforgiveness.
“Lead us not into temptation”
6. Submit to God’s leadership.
“Deliver us from evil”
7. Welcome God’s protection and deliverance.
One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. (Luke 18:1 NLT)